Monday, March 24, 2008

Bottom of the 4th

A Rays fan, who made the trip all the way from Sarasota, just won a Rays t-shirt for answering a trivia question while standing on top of the Pirate dugout. The answer was Evan Longoria, who Superfan just annointed the American League Rookie of the Year in 2008.

He won a free t-shirt. If Longoria does indeed win ROY, I'm guessing the prize will be a bit better.

Oh, and allow me to clear up something Roger Mooney blogged about yesterday - I do not consider "Rocky IV" the "Citizen Kane" of my generation. If anything, "IV" is the weakest link in the series. I'm a die-hard Rocky fan, so I'll watch it. But it ain't good.

(Rocky may have heart, but Drago wins that fight inside of three rounds. The man killed Apollo Creed, for God's sake, and Creed was twice the fighter Rocky was.)

As for my favorite 80s hair metal bands - maybe later. That requires a ton of time and thought.

Hinske just struck out looking, and has some choice words for the ump. Can't blame the guy - while spring is a tune-up for the Carl Crawfords and Carlos Penas of the world, Hinske is playing for a job. He needs all the breaks he can get.

Morris is showing some fight himself - he wraps his second straight perfect inning, and were tied at 2 after four innings.

No comments: