Saturday, March 29, 2008

Top 4 - Rays at Reds

Batting for Jonny Gomes, Elliot Johnson hit an infield single to start the inning. Joey Votto and Cueto both made nice athletic plays but Johnson beat Cueto to the bag ahead of the throw. Then Dioner Navarro singled to right, so Cueto's in a spot again, albeit with the bottom of the order up. Ronnie Merrill hit for Bartlett and grounded out, but Johnson and Navarro moved up a station in the process. The Rays are making a lot of early changes. Guess the starters have a plane to catch or something. Cueto struck out Jackson looking.
MLB.com is offering some free games today on the site. I downloaded the plug-in for their new technology, but I'm reminded why I didn't renew this year. I got awfully tired of reading the word Buffering. I think I'll pay the extra bucks and get the Extra Innings package on cable this summer.
While I typed that rant, Sergio Pedroza, hitting for Aki, doubled to left-center to score Johnson and Navarro. Good two-out hitting, and Cueto didn't escape this time.

Rays 3, Reds 0

No comments: