Saturday, March 29, 2008

Top 6 - Rays at Reds

Drew Stubbs is in the house for the Reds. Stubbs played college ball for the Texas Longhorns and is a fairly decent prospect. He was the 8th overall pick in the 2006 draft.
With former Rays backup catcher behind the plate for the Reds, current Rays backup catcher Shawn Riggans doubles to left-center.
I consulted my Baseball America prospect list to find Stubbs. He's ranked No. 5 in the organization. But while I was looking that up, I saw that Cueto is ranked behind Homer Bailey and Votto on top of Bruce. I had that wrong a little earlier, though in my humble opinion Cueto has passed Bailey and Votto as a prospect.
Anyway, the Rays added a run off Todd Coffey, but the rally ended there as Pedroza, the fourth inning here, grounded into a double play to end the inning. From two-run double to double-play, that's how baseball works, folks. Penthouse to ...

Rays 4, Reds 2

No comments: